Saturday 6 June 2020

[Meta] Ongoing Harassment of Zen

In the ongoing saga of people hating on r/Zen, the saga that brought us /r/zen_minus_ewk, which it turns out wasn't really about ewk at all, the saga that brought us multiple examples of doxxing, wiki vandalism, and Reddit admins perma banning people, I got this PM today:

That aside, your underlings theksepyro and NegativeGPA really made a huge strategic error in banning me, because I would have been far more manageable and amenable if I were allowed to be a contributing member of the forum.

Your propaganda isn't going to be effective at all when I'm not even visible to use it against me, and the groupthink cult will have no visible target as I constantly work behind the scenes. I'll continue this for years and years as a side project of mine, because authentic Zen is important and you stand in opposition to it.

Now that I've been forced to go rogue, I'm going to be a much, much less manageable problem for your cult. It actually works out very nicely for me.

When I say that the hating on r/Zen isn't about ewk, I offer as evidence the harassment of every mod team r/zen has had for the last eight years.

I don't think it's about the moderation teams, either.

It's about people desperate to take away the "authenticity" of a bunch of old foreigners; it's about hating Zen.

Dogen wanted it, Hakuin wanted it, and their followers are furious that anyone would question their legitimacy. Even people who publicly renounced Zen, like Shunryu Suzuki, wanted to profit personally and financially from the association with Zen.

There is lots of jealousy and hate out there, people, so be wary.

To say "Zen" is to raise the flag at the temple gate.



Submitted June 07, 2020 at 03:04AM by ewk https://ift.tt/2UhuT65

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive