Tuesday 26 May 2020

Two wolves

Not so long ago, I was frustrated with the society and all it's evils. I couldn't get around it. Suddenly, I remembered an old parable. I thought I might as well share it with you, maybe it will help some of you out.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

The point being, as philosophy of Taoism argues, there is good and bad in everything. You are only seeing something as "good" or as "bad", because you are feeding that wolf.

We should not forget to look at all the sides of the coin and not purely through our subjective glasses. Keep that in mind my friend.

Love and peace my fellow humans, - TM



Submitted May 26, 2020 at 11:25PM by whatatoughname https://ift.tt/3bY42C4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive