Friday 29 May 2020

Friday Night Poetry 'Slam' Thread

Good day to one and to all: I offer as mood music some nostalgia from wrrdgrrl's childhood.

My initial poetic offering was inspired by recent events.

Babylon's burning, yet

The world keeps on turning, and

My heart keeps on yearning

For something that it's not.

.

I watch the flames flicker

From this hill, far away, and

My spirit gets sicker

With what I can't say.

.

So I reach for my Joshu

Seeking wisdom and answers

To heal my rent psyche,

To cure my soul's cancers.

.

You can guess what I found;

Joshu speaks without sound.

Nothing other than "I am" -

Complete, empty-ness abounds.

This thread is yours; do with it as you will.

xo

grrl



Submitted May 30, 2020 at 05:53AM by wrrdgrrl https://ift.tt/3gCJPFi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive