Thursday 4 June 2020

Next time won't you sing with me?

Someone asked Master Yunmen, "I request your instruction, Master!"

The Master said, "ABCDEF."

The questioner: "I don't understand."

The Master: "GHIJKL."

*(Urs App's Note: In the original, of course, the first characters a child had to learn to write are used.)

JT says...

Bwahahaha! This case cracks me up! Yunmen gives him the most basic instructions. (I guess he should have specified what he wanted instruction in. A better question and he wouldn't have been treated like an ignorant child.)

He doesn't understand even the most basic instructions though. Yunmen just keeps going anyway. It's like the teacher doesn't care if you understand his words or not.



Submitted June 04, 2020 at 12:14PM by jungle_toad https://ift.tt/3dxL7j4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive