Monday 1 June 2020

Do the riots matter? (An interesting topic that was deleted)

This is my response, that was admittedly down voted to a balance of -5 (ouch), that I believe that is worthy of further discussion. The person essentially asked whether or not we should address the rioting and protesting that is occurring as a result of the Murder of George Floyd.

This is my response.

It is in my encounter with Zen that i have been given a more ‘conservative’ mindset. While I am not particularly enthused with labeling myself with a ideological framework that constrains my free thinking, I do believe there is a hidden wisdom in right wing ideologies that I had never before considered until recognizing the trait upon my study of Zen. Alan Watts in one of his many lectures details the principle of ‘non-forcing’ in which he simply lays out the ideal that in trusting the environment, as it were another, we gain the divine principle, we become it, and therefore get the control that we really wanted. This has always puzzled me, as I began my Zen journey in 2018, and this lecture in particular while salient gave me headaches for years. How would I gain control by giving it up? The answer lies in trust. In trusting that this space we occupy and these people we live with as if they are nothing more than ourselves, are capable of waking up at any moment. The efforts of these cops with a chip on their shoulders as authority to silence protestors, these blacks with herd mentality being lead astray by social media to riot, these SJW’s believing they can force all to behave as they “know” is correct are, by their very nature, futile. For if say the cops got what they wanted and all protestors and rioters went away by law or force, or the SJW’s attained their goal and it become nearly impossible by law for an officer to exert self defense against a citizen, both will have lost. In that both will have dominated the other into taking their position, one group remains as it were with the short end of the stick. And arrangements as such are illusory and temporary, ready to change at a moments notice with the tide of power. This is what I see as the control that Watts sees that we don’t really want. Situations like this take time to change. Hearts need to heal and transform, and how many hearts have you changed by argument or force? This is where i see myself as ‘conservative’, we need trust our officers to do what is right. We need to trust our fellow man to express himself peacefully. We need to trust ourselves to follow that which is our nature until we see how long we had been fooling ourselves. Because for as long as the con artist is able to steal our watch and sell it back to us, we deserve it. Sorry for the rant, but this topic in particular is something that I have been subconsciously piecing together in the background while I stay quiet on the issue; I feel much better on my stance now after articulation of it fully. Stay well brothers and sisters.



Submitted June 02, 2020 at 09:56AM by joel34785 https://ift.tt/3cr0s3q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive