Monday 11 December 2017

Incorporating Orthodox Christianity

Hi Guys, I'm an Orthodox Christian and It was recently recommended to me by my priest that I may benefit from practicing meditation to find Christ in my center. I'm kind of an anxious nut so no argument from me about that... He said that the practice of zen meditation is indistinguishable from hesychia (a contemplative Christian practice) in terms of breathing, postures, etc. and the difference is the focus on Christ instead of nothingness. He suggested that I find a zen meditation class to learn how to do this because it is hard to do by yourself, but to use prayers from our own tradition etc

So, I'm just curious, have any of you encountered this? There aren't a lot of zen focused groups locally but I'm willing to give it a try if I do find one. I just want to know what to expect, and I'm curious if I'm likely to be accepted if I am open about my goals etc.



Submitted December 11, 2017 at 11:41PM by Celsius1014 http://ift.tt/2jPwcXz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive